Tabex® 2 Month Course (200 x 1.5mg)
How to use Tabex®
Tabex® is administered perorally according to the following schedule:
If the result is unsatisfactory, the treatment is discontinued and a new therapy can be resumed after 2-3 months.
In case of good effect, the treatment should continue according to the following schedule:
- First 3 days: 1 tablet 6 times daily (every 2 hours) with a parallel reduction of the number of cigarettes smoked (6 daily)
- 4th to 12th day: 1 tablet every 2 1/2 hours (5 tablets daily)
- 13th to 16th day: 1 tablet every 3 hours (4 tablets daily)
- 17th to 20th day: 1 tablet every 5 hours (3 tablets daily)
- 21st to 25th day: 1 to 2 tablets daily
The course of treatment usually lasts 25-30 days. This course can be cycled twice and has shown to be more effective with 85% of patients giving up after 60 days! In this case 2 packets are recommended per cycle.
Smoking cessation should occur by the 5th day after the initiation of the treatment. After the end of the therapeutic course, in order to have good results, the patient should give evidence of strong will, not allowing the lighting of a cigarette.
Precautions: smoking causes unpleasant feeling during Tabex® administration. The quantity of cigarettes smoked during the first three days should be decreased. Total smoking cessation should occur not later than the fifth day after the beginning of the course.